[Xmca-l] Re: Interesting to think about: the social springs of giving

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Wed Oct 21 20:07:13 PDT 2015

The great thing about Jane Jacobs, Larry, is that this arose
as part of a practical struggle to defend her city against
its destruction by corporatist interests. I think her works
are of profound philosophical significance, but her concerns
were very practical. And creating communities with "eyes on
the street" as she put it, a simple matter of laying out
streets and buildings.
Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/