[Xmca-l] FW: Search Update

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Wed Oct 7 07:05:25 PDT 2015

THIS IS A FORWARDED MESSAGE. PLEASE READ ITS CONTENTS CAREFULLY AND REPLY TO THE ORIGINAL SENDER RATHER THAN TO ME

Dear Peter, Adrienne, David, Jerome, and Cecilia,

I hope you are all well and I'm forwarding a new announcement for an Assistant Professorship in Higher Education with UNCC's Department of Educational Leadership if you could possibly distribute widely.

It's a great department and Mark D'Amico (Associate Editor, Community College Review) is chairing the search.

Sincerely,

Spencer

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: D'Amico, Mark <mmdamico@uncc.edu<mailto:mmdamico@uncc.edu>>
Date: Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Subject: Search Update
To: Arthur Jackson <A.R.Jackson@uncc.edu<mailto:A.R.Jackson@uncc.edu>>, Sandra Dika <sdika@uncc.edu<mailto:sdika@uncc.edu>>, Spencer Salas <ssalas@uncc.edu<mailto:ssalas@uncc.edu>>
Cc: Alan Mabe <amabe3@uncc.edu<mailto:amabe3@uncc.edu>>, Claudia Flowers <ClaudiaFlowers@uncc.edu<mailto:ClaudiaFlowers@uncc.edu>>

Colleagues,
I am pleased to report that the search is on, and I encourage you to share the position announcement with anyone you think may be interested or any organization that may have a way to distribute it for us.

Resources:

  *   Link on the HR website:  https://jobs.uncc.edu/postings/5641
  *   Link to Chronicle ad:  https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000903781-01
  *   Link to Higher Ed Jobs:  https://www.higheredjobs.com/faculty/details.cfm?JobCode=176144362&Title=Assistant%20Professor%20of%20Educational%20Leadership--Higher%20Education
  *   Link to Diverse ad:  http://jobs.diversejobs.net/job/nc/charlotte/-assistant-professor-of-educational-leadership-A9401-3U9O
  *   I also attached the PDF.
Yesterday, I sent personal emails to colleagues at the following institutions:  University of Nebraska, Ohio University, George Mason University, College of William and Mary, University of North Texas, Southern Illinois University, University of Alabama, University of Wyoming, Florida Atlantic University, Iowa State, Western Michigan University, UCLA, University of Georgia, Michigan State, University of Arkansas, NC State University, University of Houston, and the University of South Carolina.  In less than a day, all but three have already responded.  At least 6-7 indicated that they had already shared it with a particular student, and about half are planning to put the announcement on their program listservs.

I also submitted the announcement to listservs for the Association for the Study of Higher Education and the Council for the Study of Community Colleges.

I will begin monitoring the HR website soon and keep you posted as applications come it.

Many thanks for your willingness to serve.

Best,
Mark

Mark M. D'Amico, PhD

Associate Professor of Educational Leadership

Associate Editor and Book Review Editor, Community College Review

UNC Charlotte | Dept. of Educational Leadership

9201 University City Blvd. | Charlotte, NC 28223

704-687-8539<tel:704-687-8539> | mmdamico@uncc.edu<mailto:mmdamico@uncc.edu> | http://edld.uncc.edu/directory/mark-damico

Spencer Salas, Ph.D.

Associate Professor/TESL Strand Coordinator, Ph.D. Curriculum and Instruction

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte

College of Education/Department of Middle, Secondary, and K-12 Education

9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223-0001

http://education.uncc.edu/directory/spencer-salas

U.S. Latinos and Education Policy: Research-Based Directions for Change (2014)
http://routledge-ny.com/books/details/9780415747837/

Vygotsky in 21st Century Society: Advances in Cultural Historical Theory and Praxis with Non-Dominant Communities (2011)

http://www.peterlang.com/download/datasheet/58323/datasheet_311117.pdf