[Xmca-l] Re: Psychology - escaped from within the skull

Lplarry lpscholar2@gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 17:48:43 PST 2015

Greg, mike,
I happened to be reading an article I downloaded from academia.edu written by David Seamon titled (lived bodies, place, and phenomenology implications for human rights and environmental justice). The article uses the work of Jane Jacobs to develop the meaning of *place* related to *meaning*.
Here is seamon defining (place):

Phenomenologically, place can be defined as any environmental locus that draws human experiences, actions, and meanings together spatially....
>From a phenomenological perspective, place is NOT the material environment distinct from people related to it but rather, the indivisible, normally unnoticed phenomenon or person-or-people-experiencing-place.

The article is exploring place justice as a key aspect of justifying actions.

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: "mike cole" <mcole@ucsd.edu>
Sent: ‎2015-‎11-‎13 5:03 PM
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Cc: "xmca-l@ucsd.edu" <xmca-l@ucsd.edu>
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Psychology - escaped from within the skull

Apropos of Greg's post and grasping an argument, this wikipedia entry on
enactivism indicates links to issues long under discussion on xmca. I take
this point of view to be one championed by Zinchenko, Zaporozhets, and
others of that generation of cultural-historical scholars in Russia,
Ukraine, and....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enactivism

mike
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enactivism

--

It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an
object that creates history. Ernst Boesch