[Xmca-l] Psychology - escaped from within the skull

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 10:14:08 PST 2015

A propos Peter's post, I thought others might appreciate this interview
with Guy Claxton, author of *Intelligence in the Flesh: Why Your Mind Needs
Your Body More Than It Thinks*

http://radiowest.kuer.org/post/intelligence-flesh

I thought it was a very thoughtful take on the important role of the body
in thinking. My favorite was the fact that neurons responsible for grasping
are activated when subjects are asked to evaluate the goodness of a
sentence "he grasped the argument."

Suggests to me that the body is involved in much more than "just" those
things that we would normally call "bodily things"...

-greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor