[Xmca-l] Re: The value of Philosophy: xmca and the GOP

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 18:18:27 PST 2015

I suspect a "du bosian" consciousness reflects a particular personality.
Sure, we inhabit cultural tensions, but those of us who are "constantly
trying to reconcile them" would be a rather small minority, I think.

I know next to nothing of Carson, save a few guardian reports seemingly
taking rather myopic perspectives, such as how he like to decorate his home.

The only thing here that I stopped to reflect on really, is that the whole
point of a biblical vs evolutionary rhetoric isn't really about ideas per
se but about the desired fabric of communication.  If one takes the view
that orderliness is to be adhered to, then ideas can be rather superficial
things.

Perhaps Carson isn't living false cultural values but rather that these
values are ones that he takes as a given and brings them together in a
solid and dependable manner, because he firmly believes in order and
regulation?

Best,
Huw