[Xmca-l] Re: Armistice/Veterans, what's in a name?

David Preiss preiss.xmca@gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 03:46:59 PST 2015

People is smiling because people forgot that war means people dying. For
many countries now (USA, France, Russia, the UK) involvement in war has
became an everyday matter and just a risk for a few professionally trained
soldiers which do that as one does other job. On the other hand it can be
carried out from home using drones from your office space after which you
do your grocery shopping or sending superb planes which bomb villages using
video-game like screens. Would a drone operator qualify as a war veteran in
the same way than a WW2 veteran? Both suffer incredible damage but the
former never "engaged physically" or immediately with its victims or put
his physical life at stake. People smile in those countries because they
are at war and they don't know it.