[Xmca-l] Re: The value of Philosophy: xmca and the GOP

Peg Griffin Peg.Griffin@att.net
Wed Nov 11 08:20:26 PST 2015

Kim, Mike, Peter,
Yes! Yes! Yes!
My reaction for Rubio was sort of sticking out an intellectual tongue:  I wanted to send him a crate of Studs Terkel's book "Working,"
You've given me impetus to aim for something a tad more useful.
Peg

PS Thinking about the false dichotomy in addition to non-facts, do you think Rubio knows about the read-alouds for workers in the cigar-making workshops in Cuba?

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces+peg.griffin=att.net@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces+peg.griffin=att.net@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Peter Smagorinsky
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:29 AM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: The value of Philosophy: xmca and the GOP

Mike, the "need more welders" line has been around conservative circles for a while now, part of conservative anti-intellectualism. I wrote a response to one a little while back at http://getschooled.blog.myajc.com/2015/02/09/opinion-issue-isnt-welding-vs-chaucer-its-how-to-remove-barriers-to-college/