[Xmca-l] Re: Volunteer Mentoring and XMCA

Helena Worthen helenaworthen@gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 23:02:54 PST 2015

MIke, let me give it a try. Joe and I are currently in Vietnam teaching labor studies courses to students at Ton Duc Thang University, a technical school supported by the Vietnam General Confederation of Labor, the union here. Our students are first generation students. There is big pressure for the faculty to do research and publish. Desperation, in fact. But this is what we're in the middle of. So pass it along.

Helena

PS I've been keeping a blog on this and would enjoy comments. A lot of it is about the education system here, although there's some tourist stuff.

Helena Worthen
helenaworthen@gmail.com