[Xmca-l] Re: Stereotyping Latin America and Mexico at the U. of Louisville

David Preiss preiss.xmca@gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 10:14:27 PST 2015

On addition to what Annalisa points out, they dressed like that for a
halloween party. If they would have dressed themselves as Hassidic jews or
devoted muslims for, I insist, a Halloween party, that would have been
antisemitic or islamophobic. So, Mexicans are scary Halloween monsters?
Something to be afraid of? And certainly they don't look like they are
celebrating Mexican culture, but using cartoon-like Mexican symbols as an
aside of whatever they intended to be doing at that moment.
Very insensitive when you have Trump treating Mexico and immigrants like a
public enemy or the plague and even Latin origin candidates giving away
their roots for the sake of political power.
That university president should leave his post, he is dishonoring academe
as a whole by remaining in his position.