[Xmca-l] Re: Sternberg's 2015 reflections on his search for the nature of intelligence

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Mon May 18 07:52:39 PDT 2015

Mike,
I am sending an article that explores the metaphor of "field" where
"intelligence" and other animals show up. the perspective is from
Merleau-Ponty and so may be seen as phenomenological and not inclusive of
the "unity" of the "field".
however, this approach does express a prototypical type "unity ".
the author Kym McLaren does give a clear presentation of "emotion" as
another animal that also shows up within the "field".
This perspective moves from "inter-subjective" TO "inter-corporeal".
The focus is on "sense" [sens = sensory, meaning, AND movement] as a
synthesis. The term "unity" in relation to "synthesize" could be played
with conceptually.
it is a notion of animals which show up within "fields OF sens" [the French
concept of sense which includes movement within THIS field.