[Xmca-l] Re: Also NY Review of Books

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Tue May 12 08:02:16 PDT 2015

Regarding the Times piece, I was with the reviewer and with Sacks until the
penultimate paragraph where we find this quote from Sacks:

“Individuality is deeply imbued in us from the very start, at the neuronal
level. . . . We are destined, whether we wish it or not, to a life of
particularity and self-development, to make our own individual paths
through life.”

With everything that comes before in Sacks' work, this seems entirely non
sequitur.

Or maybe I have misunderstood everything that came before?

-greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor