[Xmca-l] Re: Ed Psych Textbook?

Ian O'Byrne wiobyrne@gmail.com
Tue May 5 08:25:23 PDT 2015

Hi Cathrene,

We have been (happily) using Educational Psychology
<http://www.amazon.com/Educational-Psychology-Developing-Learners-myeducationlab/dp/0131381105>
by Jeanne Ormrod for years. The publishers rep came to us last year and
indicated that they would be moving to a solely digital version, and
charging more for paper copies of the text. As a result, we started looking
for other texts. The good news is that Ormrod's text (and older versions)
are available for rent and purchase online for relatively inexpensive
prices.

We supplement this with Dan Willingham's *Why don't students like school*
<http://www.amazon.com/Why-Dont-Students-Like-School/dp/047059196X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1430839400&sr=1-1&keywords=why+don%27t+students+like+school>and
*Holler if you hear me
<http://www.amazon.com/Holler-If-You-Hear-Education/dp/0807749583/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1430839448&sr=1-1&keywords=holler+if+you+hear+me>*
by
Gregory Michie.

We're in CT and many of our students look for employment in NY.

Hope that helps,
-Ian