[Xmca-l] Re: Winn's Exploring the Literate Trajectories of Youth across Time and Space

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Sun Mar 29 17:45:07 PDT 2015

Hello esteemed XMCArs,

One thought I had while reading Michael's post just now is the case of learning a different language to learn one's own. Vygotsky has made this observation someplace, yes?

I wondered if there might be something like this happening in context of this learning space? I realize that this isn't directly related to mike's question about boundaries, but I wondered instead of the interaction that may take place to provide the students a space where they are free to speak with the words they want to use, and how that might actually aid in their more formal language in the classroom, even if that classroom-language's parameters are not defined (culturally) by them?

Kind regards,

Annalisa