[Xmca-l] Re: Resending LSV/ANL on crisis in ontogengy

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Sun Mar 22 17:40:18 PDT 2015

I think that cultural forms of child-rearing and the corresponding
expectations placed upon the child have been developed by communities
over centuries and part of that process is the collective experience of
the relevant practices. Doubtless all sorts of crazy practices have been
tried out at different times, but if the children do not respond as
expected, the idea is dropped or modified. I think this is the point at
which the biological limitations and predispositions of children comes
in. But the present-day child is presented with a finished, working system.
I seem to recall that Barbara Rogoff has written about this.
Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/