[Xmca-l] Re: Resending LSV/ANL on crisis in ontogengy

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Sat Mar 21 22:11:49 PDT 2015

BTW, ends up I have read The Problem of Age, but we never used this acronym "SSD."

Acronyms do not always make things clearer, but actually tend to confuse, unless you are part of the group that uses them, of course.

In any case thanks for "making" me read text I already read, so I could pursue my own thought sculpture pertaining to aging and development (in terms of late adulthood).

Kind regards,

Annalisa

From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net>
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 10:57 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Resending LSV/ANL on crisis in ontogengy

SSD is a term defined by Vygotsky in his study of Child Development in
Volume 6 of the Collected Works.
See https://www.marxists.org/archive/vygotsky/works/1934/problem-age.htm
The SSD is a unique relationship between the (social) environment and
the child, designated by normative cultural terms such as "school child"
or "infgant" etc.

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/