[Xmca-l] Re: Resending LSV/ANL on crisis in ontogengy

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 18:21:35 PDT 2015

I think I agree with that (that SSD has little to do with biological
maturation).

This is actually, to my reading, a subtle yet very appropriate passage that
Peg has unearthed or recollected.

These things that the child really does need, wherein the child conveys "I
cannot get on without this", is a reference to materials that enable the
structuring of forms that the child does not yet have, i.e. they are
necessary (but perhaps insufficient on their own) means to their
development of neo-formations, or, indeed, transformations in their way of
knowing.

The sense I get is that this imperative is not derived from a need to
comply with bureaucratic processes (e.g. black shoes must be worn at
school), but with a recognition that something objective and fundamental
cannot be achieved without it.

Huw