[Xmca-l] Re: Resending LSV/ANL on crisis in ontogengy

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 03:08:29 PDT 2015

Andy, the obvious biological developments manifest as social needs.  They
strengthen the need for good social relations.  Impulses towards crawling,
walking, attachment all have their cognitive and communicational elements.
Even growing teeth, or simple digestion, has the baby trying to get the
adult to do particular things.

There are lots of changes, yes, though as they are all closely related a
clear change in cognition also shows up in terms of affect, use of memory
etc.

The casting of profound cognitive changes as only applicable in
circumstances where biological change is happening isn't right, I think.
Talking of a clear directed development with adults, however, is clearly
more problematic from the point of view of labelling people as being more
or less developed (from some sort of imputed ideal).  As LSV says, there
are old adults who have never come to grips with conceptual appreciations,
and that is a big difference.

Huw