[Xmca-l] Re: no primitive language?

David Kellogg dkellogg60@gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:10:40 PDT 2015

Larry--

Well, of course, Heidegger is another example of the evil men do living
after them. But to tell you the truth, I never understood the good that we
enterred with Heidegger's bones to begin with, and I particularly never
understood the stuff about barrel making and "artifact as tool" vs.
"artifact as object". I always just assumed it was part of his phony
idealization of German peasants, the fixation on "blood and soil" that made
him a Nazi. But I admit that this reading of it is not mine--it's from
Adorno ("The Jargon of Authenticity") and Habermas ("The Philosophical
Discourse of Modernity").

David Kellogg
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies