[Xmca-l] Re: Vygotsky and Deborin

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Wed Mar 18 01:58:37 PDT 2015

I've ordered David Bakhurst's book, which I hope will tell me even more,
but thanks to Natalia Gajdamschko and via Natalia, Gena Kravtsova, and
Anton Yasnitsky, I am now certain that Vygotsky never met Deborin, but
he did collaborate with two of Deborin's supporters in writing a book on
currents of Psychology in 1930, exactly the time I'm interested in,
Osnovnye techeniia sovremennoi psikhologii, which is to be found at
http://www.koob.ru/vigodsky_v_l/main_currents. Anton tells me that this
collaboration had a very negative effect on Vygotsky's career, as
Deborin was denounced in January 1931, but in my humble opinion, seems
to have been invaluable in preparing Vygotsky to write "Thinking and
Speech."

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/