[Xmca-l] Re: Teaching in social context

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe pmocombe@mocombeian.com
Tue Mar 17 11:52:59 PDT 2015

I got you greg...

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
President
The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.
www.mocombeian.com
www.readingroomcurriculum.com
www.paulcmocombe.info

I have a terrible tendency to oversimplify Vygotsky/CHAT but here is my
summary of how these ideas might be relevant to your question:

What are the meaning-full contexts of learning of each of these activities.
E.g., what are the meaning-full contexts of learning the lyrics of a song?
And how is the knowledge of the lyrics of a song performed? What kinds of
social consequences come with being able to perform this knowledge?

How does that compare to the contexts of learning to pass a test? And how
is test knowledge performed? What kinds of consequences come with being
able to perform test knowledge?

Or put more simply: How might we describe each of these activities?

Just my 2/25ths of a quarter. Maybe less...

-greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor