[Xmca-l] Re: Teaching in social context

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe pmocombe@mocombeian.com
Tue Mar 17 10:29:32 PDT 2015

Mike,

No tv in the classrooms.  Broward County has extended the teaching day...the students are in class from 7:30-3:30...then they have remedial reading from 3:30-5:15.  Technically, the school has been an F school for three years.  It is due to be shut down this year.

Dr. Paul C. Mocombe
President
The Mocombeian Foundation, Inc.
www.mocombeian.com
www.readingroomcurriculum.com
www.paulcmocombe.info

Seems like the grumpy quality of the narrative is being picked up on, but
hard to tell.

*The Secret Garden* is antiquarian by American standards, having appeared
in the latter part of the 1900's. I note there is a modern TV series about
it.

Paul - Would it be permissible to incorporate some of the TV, so the kids
get a richer interpretive object and mix it with reading?

mike

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch.