[Xmca-l] Re: Why Computers Make So Little Difference

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 12 11:40:16 PDT 2015

Hey Henry--- For another purposes I opened Herbert Simon's book on the
sciences of the artificial and guess what I encounter on page 2 of the
preface (he says re read the book he is quoting here 40 years earlier at
the beginning of his research, so this is from a book called Administrative
Behavior that is some 80 years old:

 *administration* *is* *not* *unlike* *play*-*acting*. The task of the good
actor is to know and play his role, although different roles may differ
greatly in content. The effec- tiveness of the performance will depend on
the effectiveness of the play and the effectiveness with which it is
played. *...*

serendipity?
mike