[Xmca-l] Re: Why Computers Make So Little Difference

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 12 09:24:28 PDT 2015

Your query, Henry, returns us to the discussion of LSV's article on the
environment from a couple of months ago and the concept of perezhivanie,
the translation of which several experts are certain they know the proper
interpretation. Unfortunately, they are not in agreement. (This is true of
both Russian and English-writing scholars within and between
language/culture communities)

Vasiliuk's book, "The psychology of experiencing" is floating around in pdf
form somewhere. His focus there is on perezhivanie. More recently he has
been focused on this concept with respect to psychotherapy. I believe this
work is being translated now, and is about to appear in English, but am not
sure.

mike

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch.