[Xmca-l] Re: Why Computers Make So Little Difference

Martin John Packer mpacker@uniandes.edu.co
Mon Mar 9 17:41:44 PDT 2015

David,

Don't computers make a difference by making possible what we are doing now? The printing press has largely been in the hands of a few. Computers, at least as they are today (who remembers mainframes?), make it possible for Everyman to not merely consume text, but also produce it. I find that pretty impressive.

Martin