[Xmca-l] The Concepts of CHAT

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Wed Mar 4 15:47:27 PST 2015

In January and February, I delivered 10 lectures on *The Concepts of
CHAT* in Melbourne.
I have edited them up into a series of videos, using the PowerPoint
slides, subtitles and audience views to enhance the talking head.
Shukla Sikder and Feiyan Chen did a great job in video recording the
whole thing and the quality is good.
The concepts covered are: Action, behaviour and consciousness; Genetic
method; unity and dichotomy;  Analysis by units and germ cell;  Word
meaning and artefact-mediated action, dual stimulation;  Perezhivanie
and catharsis, social situation of development,
disability/compensation;  Concepts during childhood;  Spontaneous, true
and actual concepts; the emotions; Activity: operations, actions and
activities; Object of activity in Leontyev, Engeström and Vygotsky;
Project as unit of social life.
The videos and a link to the prescribed reading is at
https://vimeo.com/groups/301100/

There's 10 hours of video there, so I don't expect reviews from
xmca-ers, but anyone teaching CHAT might consider whether it meets some
of your needs. I try to confine myself to what I know something about
and as best I could, stayed away from issues of Psychology and Learning
Science of which I am ignorant. Just the Concepts.

Andy