[Xmca-l] Re: Destructive "Creativity" and "Creative Destruction"

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Mon Mar 2 00:05:55 PST 2015

Hi mike!

Connections to drama and through drama. Have you something in mind when you think about Stanislavskii and Eisenshtein?

I wondered about the acts of creating art that cannot be commodified, though? Has anyone considered performance art in a CHAT context?

I can see perezhivanie as being important in terms of "imprinting a message in the viewer," for lack of a better way to say it.

These performance artists are attempting to call attention to something visceral within a context (within us), to bring that into our awareness, which (we hope) gives substance to further discussion and consciousness raising.

What is nice to know about "How to Explain Pictures to a Dead Hare" is that it cannot be sold at Christies for 100 million dollars, but it has a Bakhtinian quality of an utterance that stretches forward through history's future forevermore.

Kind regards,

Annalisa