[Xmca-l] Re: Ruqaiya Hasan

Carol Macdonald carolmacdon@gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 12:36:17 PDT 2015

Fellow XMCA-ers

Now, I might have missed something here in the comments over the past 24
hours, but there weren't very good grammars around a century ago, in fact
there was only the Port Royal Grammar.  I long ago forgave Vygotsky for
focussing on word meaning only, on these grounds. (I am a linguist, that
why I was judgemental to start with.) He could not have had a theory to use.

Whether he would have developed one later we can never know - but knowing
the the sort of man he was, he would definitely have gotten around to it,
and it would have been good.

So, perhaps it would be a good way to honour both  Ruqaiya and LSV to
develop one.

Best

Carol

--