[Xmca-l] Re: Laudito Si

David Preiss preiss.xmca@gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 16:26:14 PDT 2015

As we in Santiago are breathing the worst air of the season tonight, it is
very difficult not to sympathize with the notion that the environmental
crisis has reached a point of no return. Beyond this doomed city, the
prediction that 75% of the species will dissapear in two generations adds
to those of the climate warming to a point where our survival as a species
is at stake. I have not read Laudito Si just yet but there is no doubt that
environmental issues are the most relevant ones of our time and I am glad
that Francisco made the case that the poor are the most affected by them.
DP