[Xmca-l] Re: Lloyd Alexander on becoming (and Heidegger?)

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 10 16:37:33 PDT 2015

"For each of us comes a time when we must be more than what we are."

Here is an interesting line of access to thinking about such times.

Victor is 3-4 years old and he has a favorite toy. A stick with a soft toy
horse's head
on it. The "horse" (stick with head) is named Trigger. Everywhere Victor
goes, Trigger goes
with him. Until they go to a fancy restaurant. Victor is told that on this
occasion, Trigger
will have to remain at home. To which Victor replies, "But without Trigger,
I am only Victor."

True story.
mike

--

All there is to thinking is seeing something noticeable which makes
you see something you weren't noticing which makes you see something