[Xmca-l] Re: The Ideological Footprint of Artifacts

Glassman, Michael glassman.13@osu.edu
Fri Jun 5 07:31:28 PDT 2015

Thanks Andy.  I've been trying to find that a long time.  Did he write this before or after his writing on the French revolution?  I just wonder because he uses the same metaphor, standing on its head and flipping them back over.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces+mglassman=ehe.ohio-state.edu@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces+mglassman=ehe.ohio-state.edu@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Andy Blunden
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2015 10:25 AM
To: xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: The Ideological Footprint of Artifacts

https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/p3.htm#method

    "The mystification which dialectic suffers in Hegel’s
    hands, by no means prevents him from being the first to
    present its general form of working in a comprehensive
    and conscious manner. With him it is standing on its
    head. It must be turned right side up again, if you
    would discover the rational kernel within the mystical
    shell."

    Marx, Afterword to the 2nd German Edition of Capital

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/