[Xmca-l] Re: The idea that our categories are created

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 08:25:34 PDT 2015

The impression I have is that the roots of jazz stem from an abeyance from
culturally perceived unpleasant/oppressive conditions and that patterns in
chord progression would be derived from that activity structure, not from
anything inherent in the music per se, i.e. an orientation.

Huw