[Xmca-l] Re: The Test That Can Look Into A Child's (Reading) Future

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Wed Jul 22 12:30:15 PDT 2015

Henry, the one you attached was written for a "between" audience--not lay people or hard-boiled academics, but teachers in between. So it's not very technical like some of the other work, ergo its anecdotal character. p

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces+smago=uga.edu@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces+smago=uga.edu@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of HENRY SHONERD
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2015 3:19 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: The Test That Can Look Into A Child's (Reading) Future

Peter (Smagorinsky),
It wasn’t hard to find a good article by you that deals with mental health, not just from a Vygotskian perspective, but with lots of personal anecdotes. Perhaps there are other better articles by you on the topic(s). When I started reading/listening to the link from the reading researchers, I felt ill, had to force myself to go through it. Much of that WOULD make me crazy, I think!
Henry