[Xmca-l] FW: Phil Jackson, R.I.P.

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Wed Jul 22 03:20:46 PDT 2015

Note: I’m forwarding this; I took several classes from Phil but he was not my major prof at Chicago. p

Philip W. Jackson (1928-2015) died this morning, peacefully at his home, here in Hyde Park, Chicago.

Phil was a professor at the University of Chicago for almost 50 years. He was a great intellect who had a huge impact on several generations of scholars and teachers. He was my dissertation advisor at the University of Chicago and also became, in the intervening years, a close personal friend.

Rest in Peace, my contemporary Socrates.
...See More<https://www.facebook.com/>
[Craig A. Cunningham's photo.]<https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152841491281991&set=a.41822746990.62967.629046990&type=1>