[Xmca-l] Re: Having an experience

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Thu Jul 16 23:47:33 PDT 2015

Beth. yes, when you reflect on something, it is already
past. If you want to reproduce it, then as a human being you
will have to analyse it.
The trade of being an artist is the capacity to synthesise
the elements and give you something of the ineffable. But I
love that quote you have from Vygotsky, where he claims that
art not only excites the experience in the reader, but also
/explains/ it. I think that is actually setting a high
standard for art. Dickens did not explain Dickensian London,
but he represented it so faithfully.

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/