[Xmca-l] Re: Help With Russian

larry smolucha lsmolucha@hotmail.com
Wed Jul 15 13:02:56 PDT 2015

Message from Francine:

Hi David,

The English translation eliminated one word from the Russian 'Уже' that means 'already'
the cooperative relationship is already established although elementary and simple.
The small room and a simple cooperative relationship that is already established is what Charles Bazerman described in the example where his child was able to see the spaghetti
colander in the cabinet that his parents were searching for (the one-year-old child in a walker has a different line of sight into the cabinet).

I read somewhere that comprehension of language (related to concrete imagery) precedes the
spoken language equivalents in early childhood. Animals can also retrieve objects and perform actions prompted by verbal 'commands' even though they do not speak. Example: saying to a dog "Time for a walk, get your leash."

This is not to diminish Charles charming anecdote.

Even though the child