[Xmca-l] Re: G. H. Mead and Harvey Sacks

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:20:22 PDT 2015

Larry,
For me, Burke's “dramatism" and Peter’s article on Vygotsky’s stage theory provide a means to investigate what you describe as:
     "The unity of being/becoming as a dance of the "not yet formed" and the "completed form" without end.”
Vygotsky’s logocentrism is not determinant, if we see drama as gesture, verbal gesture being part of the larger fabric of the art and everyday life of drama. And music too. (“Fabric” seems too static, to capture what you have in mind. Words fail.)
Henry