[Xmca-l] Re: Shpet & principium cognescenti

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Wed Jan 28 03:24:52 PST 2015

To finish Mike's thought: There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don't.

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of mike cole
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 8:22 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Shpet & principium cognescenti

I can try an answer, Huw. These idea of a triadic system, spirals of development, etc are core metaphors for expressing some sort of thirdness about human life.
Father/son and holy ghost, id/ego/superego, subject/object/medium etc. It is a part of the Judeo-Christian system and aligns with non-religiously affiliated intuitions that dualism does not cut it as a mode of thought.
The trouble is, there are only two kinds of people in the world....
!
mike

--
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal with a natural science as an object that creates history. Ernst Boesch.