[Xmca-l] Re: help with Russian

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Tue Jan 27 22:25:15 PST 2015

I haven't got an answer, but when I think of deterministic it means something particular without a doubt is going to result. Causal is something is going to generate something in that it always generates but it isn't certain what. That's how I look at it. Hence cause/result. Said cause determines said result. It seems the nuance is directional.

There is also the term fatalistic, but this swims into philosophical waters, and there may be sharks there, Andy.

Best,

Annalisa