[Xmca-l] Re: Thought and language as oscillating and pulsing [or not]

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 20:00:19 PST 2015

Henry,
I will share one more paragraph from Zinchenko's chapter to help explore
"inner form".

"If we use the customary division of mental processes, the substance of
sensory forms is important for perception, biodynamic substance is
important for action, and affective substance is important for feeling.
This is only partially true because all of these substances participate in
the formation of image, feeling, and action.  Similarly the word is also
characterized by the interweaving of substance of sensory forms, biodynamic
substance and affective substance. Psychology knows different ways to
thought: from action, from image, from word, from feeling.  All this
heteroglossia is explained by the fact that thought, *like a work of art,*
which, of course, is a thought as well, does not have the  'talking
footprints' (an expression of N. N. Volkov) that mark the artistic process
of creation." (p. 238-239)

The "inner form" is the phenomenology of the formation of image, feeling,
and action emerging in the "gap"