[Xmca-l] Re: Notes on Blindness

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 15:18:03 PST 2015

Henry,
This quote, especially the aspect:

 Intonation is always at the boundary of the verbal and the nonverbal, the
spoken and the unspoken. Intonation is oriented in two directions: toward
the listener... and toward the object of the utterance as if to a third
living participant.

This brings in the cornerstone of the 'object" AS IF a third living
participant.  Intonation, attunement, and resonance exploring the rhythm AT
the boundary or the margin of this triangulated  "space"  of where
possibility exists. This extralinguistic context with its felt structure
which is not yet articulated.