[Xmca-l] Re: RES: Re: Thirdness and its various versions

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 12:06:35 PST 2015

Rod
I would say that Jessica would fully endorse this understanding of using
internalized thirdness. as a "reflective" space. This is the aspect of
thirdness that she refers to as the "symbolic third "[ a metaphorical space
of äs if""perceiving the world through a sociocultural filter.
Your focussing on the centrality of "marking"I would suggest has been
deeply explored by Fonagy and Gergley in there re-searching ""affect
regulation.
Whether others agree or question Jessica's notions of ïntersubjective third
space"[aspects of attunement, differentiation, and symbolic thirds] as a
mediating environment, the focus on "marking" contrasted with matching or
mirroring] is a profound insight and notions of "self-regulation" can be
expanded by the understanding of affect regulation through asymmetrical
"marking"