[Xmca-l] Re: Laws of evolution and laws of history

Annalisa Aguilar annalisa@unm.edu
Fri Jan 16 20:18:58 PST 2015

Hi Mike!

I am guessing that is an invitation for someone to write a Vygotskian analysis of propaganda!  :)

I would not mind to read it too!

I'm afraid I am lost to the question of non-propagation. Why "self presentation"? Do you mean how can pedagogy happen in a "pure" form, in which the prejudices/presumptions of the teacher do not influence the student and only the lessons transmit?

Is the difference between education and propaganda a degree of transparency? Don't students have the right to voice doubts in an educational environment? Whereas in a propaganda environment, it's a one-way transmission with passive recipients?

Hmm… well, actually, in a propaganda environment even teachers would be passive too, methinks. :\

Kind regards,

Annalisa