[Xmca-l] Re: Rhythm

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 13:31:17 PST 2015

Folks interested in talk and rhythm should check out the work of Fred
Erickson. Starting with Erickson and Schulz' work that introduced the
concept of "rhythmic entrainment" as observed in the work of college
advisors and their advisees.
He also has an article "Some notes on the Musicality of Speech."
And his book Talk and Social Theory has extensive examples of the
musicality of speech.
Great stuff!
-greg

--