[Xmca-l] Re: Brandom Reads Sellars

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Tue Jan 6 15:38:55 PST 2015

http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog.php?isbn=9780674187283
I think Robert Brandom is worth a read. He criticises analytical
philosophy very much from within and in the language of analytical
philosophy, which makes him readable for a lot of scientists and
philosophers in the English-speaking world. So if you like Sellars, this
book would be highly recommended. There are aspects of CHAT where we
find Brandom as an ally.
Personally, I've had my fill of Brandom, but if you haven't read him,
and you are not averse to arguments about how many angels sit on the
head of a pin from time to time (I mean arguments about psychology that
never refer to an empirical finding or a practical need, but move
entirely within the sphere of logical argument), then this is the book
for you.
Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/