[Xmca-l] Re: What is a Pedagogy of the Oppressors?

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Tue Jan 6 03:18:07 PST 2015

Larry is reading my intentions properly.

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of larry smolucha
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2015 7:00 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: What is a Pedagogy of the Oppressors?

Message from Francine:

Annalisa, I thought that the point Peter was making is that the 'oppressor'
and 'oppressed' categories are not mutually exclusive. Someone can be both.

I agree that in cycles of violence, it becomes difficult to determine who is oppressing whom.

And when two guys get into a fight, expect it to quickly escalate (is it testosterone?) - that's why you don't start punching a man with a gun.