[Xmca-l] Re: What is a Pedagogy of the Oppressors?

Andy Blunden ablunden@mira.net
Mon Jan 5 23:44:57 PST 2015

The quote is of course a translation. Marx wrote in German. In any case,
the 19th century concept of "man" which he references, was used also
without qualification by the great feminist, and English-speaking
contemporary of Marx, Mary Wollstonecraft. The discovery of the
oppressive function of gendered language was a gain of Second Wave
feminism of the 1960s of which we are all the beneficiaries.

Andy
*Andy Blunden*
http://home.pacific.net.au/~andy/