[Xmca-l] Re: What is a Pedagogy of the Oppressors?

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 21:52:41 PST 2015

Larry,
Yes, I am very much interested in finding what Manjali has done since his 1998 article. And yes, I I will look into his new book: Labyrinths of Language. From my background, I see this as connected to the LRH, Linguistic Relativity Hypothesis. At the same time, I don’t want to lose touch with the issue raised in the final paragraph of the article you posted on Jan 2, wherein the issues of language acquisiton and usage-based grammar are raised. IMHO we are engaged in efforts to scaffold discourse adequate to the current chat: Pedagogy of the Oppressors. In that sense, language acquisition is a collaborative, creative and life-long process. In fact, I am terribly interested in the application of a semiotically-based linguistics to ANY thread. I see all of our threads as instantiations of dialog of that, potentially, serve as models of dialog in the larger world. And, I am always thinking of the work of Vera in her work on creativity and creative collaboration. Social dreaming that allows for cognitive pluralism. I go on too long here. But YES!
Henry