[Xmca-l] Re: Sociocritical Literacies and more context

Larry Purss lpscholar2@gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 14:41:30 PST 2015

Annalisa, if models such as *the third space* show or indicate EFFECTIVE
liberation, would not these concrete patterns of liberation [as models]
express a *truth* that could *mediate*  and *orient* and guide how others
could also create effective *third spaces*.
My bias is to be guided by concrete *works* [developing from  social
dreams] that productively  have actually liberated others to find their
*voice*. We need these concrete models that can show us what IS possible
here and now.
I have a distrust that a general dismantling of all that is oppressive is a
required first step to opening a *third space* My bias is to sense the
power to act AS IF the third space is always open IF CLAIMED.
This dialogically forming *fact* or *truth* is not *objective* but it is
not merely *subjective*. It exists as a *possibility* if claimed by an
*interpretive community* through a dedication and commitment to EFFECTIVE
historically constituted dialogical social dreaming..
This is only one path and one possible example towards claiming a relevant
*truth* in our current situation.
 However the *third space* does SHOW the potential *truth* expressed in
 the notion that change is instituted through small groups of dedicated
folks with shared *social dreams*
Large scale social dismantling of the *state*  historically has created
unintended consequences. The notion of *care* and *concern* as liberating
concepts seems to be possible within *third spaces*.

Acting *as if* relevant truth(s) exist may have the potential to  create
living vital spaces where social dreams actually develop and become
models.  How to create a sense of *trust* through *witnessing* and helping
to  *produce* third spaces which we occupy AS shared social dreams is the
difficult question to answer. When we value autonomy and independence
without constraints as our social dream to imagine shared social dreams
seems difficult to imagine. This is why we need concrete examples that it
is possible as inspiring examples.