[Xmca-l] Re: Understanding "functions" within the "zone" of proximal development

larry smolucha lsmolucha@hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 15:01:13 PST 2015

Message from Francine:

Mike,

While it would be interesting to read Luria's writings on functional
systems, his formulations have been greatly enhanced by contemporary
neuroscience's use of the fMRI for brain imaging. I will look for something
by a contemporary neurologist, as well.

If my memory is correct, the first draft of the chapter that Larry Smolucha and I
are writing for the 2nd edition of Vygotsky and Creativity is due March 15th.
We will write the section on neuropsychological systems now and I will look
for a reference that XMCARs would be able to access now.