[Xmca-l] Re: Further reflections on hope as the not yet formed

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 12:04:02 PST 2015

Yes Mike, excellent point!
But I feel that the affordances of the medium in which this salon exists
are quite different from those of salons that involve bodily co-presence.
I think mood is the missing factor.
Yes, there is mood here. (and where is "here"?). But it is muted. And the
mood of a listserve is never quite so coherent as the mood of an actual
room.

(and there I should simply have said that the mood of an actual room is
"relatively less incoherent" - since there is seldom, if ever, perfect
coherence of mood across actors in a room).

-greg